Tuesday, March 31, 2020

KATERINA - REPORT FROM NICOSIA, CYPRUS

Yesterday, (30.03.20),  lock down got firmer in Cyprus. Movement is prohibited from 09.00 pm to 6.am for everybody except employees with special permits.

We are safe, albeit as a family we are taking it a bit hard, as my husband is a doctor and I have moved with the kids to my mother’s house just 20 min off Nicosia. He is staying alone at our house. This measure, we deemed necessary to protect the kids and my mother in case he gets the virus. Although not yet called in at the front line, he is still seeing patients and is on standby in case needed for the purposes of fighting the virus.

My kids are having the hardest time out of everybody, especially my son who is very attached to his father and stressed that he will not see him again. He asks to go home every night. Keeping them busy and working at the same time, proves to be an extremely challenging task although we are thankful, we are still healthy and safe, while the situation seems to be in some sort of control for the time being.  

Katerina -
Nicosia, Cyprus

No comments:

Post a Comment